5.20.2009

Wedding Ideas/Inspiration

So I wish I would have thought of this at the start, but lately whenever I see wedding pictures online that I like I save them to my hard drive so that way I can reference them later. I'm still torn if I go with just a black/white or black/ivory type theme or work in a fucshia and/or purple scheme. I went to garden ridge this week and just bought all sorts of stuff to practice making some cool centerpieces at home. I think I came up with one that is pretty simple and elegant, so I'll have to post some pics later. Here's some of the photos I've found that I really like:

This photo alone has basically convinced me we gotta do black tablecloths. I just love the look of this:


More proof I like the darker cloths accented with lots of candles and white:


This makes me wanna have paper lanterns everywhere! I saw one where they did it with all shades of the pink and purple family and looked really cool-- I think just white would be nice too:
For the centerpieces I keep coming back to these submarine vases where flowers are submerged in water and then put a candle on top. This is what I practiced making...and ended up with water all over the floor cause forgot about that thing called displacement when I shoved my arm in the full vase!