5.07.2009

Trying not to barf

So, I just don't understand myself. Anyone who is really close to me knows I have this crazy obsession over scabs, zits, and peeling sunburned skin. I just can't leave them alone and am picking at them on myself or even worse-- will be bugging other people to mess with theirs! So most people probably read this now and think that is totally disgusting...and for some reason it all just intrigues me. However, ANYTHING else related to the body completely grosses me out and scares me. For instance, I refuse to get my wisdom teeth out because just panics me to think about it. So this week I went to the dermatologist and had 3 TINY moles removed, so nothing very major. All went okay and was real proud of myself for not freaking out or anything. Well, the issue comes in that I simply need to change the band-aid on them twice a day and put some polysporin on the band-aid before I slap it on...doesn't sound too bad. The first night I was home alone and nearly fainted while changing the band-aid on the first one and it wasn't even gross or anything! It was just the pure thought that they had cut this mole out of my skin. So I had to quickly get the band-aid on and get to the bed so I could lay down. Then waited until dustin got home to do the rest in case I really would end up fainting. So I kept thinking after the 2nd, 3rd, etc. time it would get easier....but every single time I started feeling so hot, thought I was going to throw up, and the color would just drain from my face! So it seriously is like a 20 minute procedure for me to swap out 3 band-aids because I get so queasy. CRAZY! So thank goodness there are people who actually want to be doctors because I don't see how anybody could do that stuff!