2.05.2009

Wedding bookings and to dos

I just realized that I did not update my blog with the fact that....drumroll please....we finally got the photographer booked!! It was between Jeremy Lawson and Brandi Brown...and we ended up going with Jeremy, so hopefully that was the right decision! We loved them both and I liked Jeremy's work a tad more and Dustin liked Brandi's a little more...I decided that I won that battle since I care more about the pics! I just LOVE his work, so as my sister keeps telling me, I shouldn't be so excited over this because I've built it up like I'm going to have the best wedding pics ever and she's afraid i'm going to be disappointed because my standards are too high. We'll see! His site is http://www.jeremylawsonphotography.com/.

And while I was on a roll this month, I also booked Bridal Horizons as my day of coordinator. I think this will be money WELL spent because they will run the rehearsal and just make sure everything goes smoothly the day of and such. I haven't met with them in person yet, but they were really nice on the phone and I've heard wonderful things about them....so looking forward to that!

Next up gotta get the officiant and band/dj booked and I think I want some string instruments for the ceremony...although that just seems like a lot of money for some music I'm probably going to be too crazed to even hear or remember. And the cake and my dress and to decide we are doing a wedding party. Those are goals for this month....that's a lot, but think I should be able to do all that (except maybe having a decision on a dress).

Since dustin and i both LOVE video games, especially nintendo, would it be appropriate to do wedding cupcakes set up like this?