2.23.2009

Mardi Gras

So this weekend was the big Mardi Gras celebration! I was sort of originally dreading it this year because they were calling for it to be so cold. However, I dressed in all sorts of layers and I didn't even get cold! I guess 3 pairs of pants, 3 shirts, 180s, hat, gloves, mittens, warm coat, toe warmers, and hand warmers will help! We started out the morning at our place and I made some grub for everyone that was delicious and some bloody marys and screwdrivers. We grabbed the shuttle across the street which is always a fun time-- they provide beer and blast party music! Got some hurricanes, watched the parade, and then watched Joe Dirt. No good stories really and it was so cold, we really didn't even see any flashers this year. I'm sure the guys were disappointed in a boobie-less mardi gras. We eventually came back here and ordered pizza, which never tasted so good before because we were starving! All in all, fun day....however, I now have a killer sore throat so I think standing outside in that stupid weather is the culprit! Here are some pics: