1.05.2010

Happy Belated New Year!

Well, I don't know how many times I will say this, but I really need to get better about my blog! We'll see if that happens this year or not....I'm guessing I'll say the same thing next year! So we had a great xmas- my parents were in town and dustin so kindly put in all sorts of quality time with us! Dustin and I didn't exchange gifts this year, but just enjoyed playing our new wii game- New Super Mario Bros! It was so much fun and reminded me of my days as a 10-year old trying to beat the original.

For NYE we just went over to a friends' house and really had a fun time just hanging out and doing karaoke. I'm so jealous of everyone else's good voices cause singing is so much fun! Dustin and Crystal were having a sing-off dual with Maurit and Lydia and was pretty funny.
So last year Dustin did this thing in January where he went to the gym 30 days in a row...and he's doing it again this year. Only now he has convinced maurit of it...so will be interesting to see if he sticks with it too. So I know I can't convince myself to get to the gym daily for 30 days, so I'm doing a modified version where I just need to do some form of activity for 30 minutes minimum each day for 30 days. I think that is realistic for me and hopefully can accomplish that! Yesterday it was so cold out, so I just stayed in and did Wii Fit. I enhanced some of the exercises by adding 3 lb. hand weights and making up arm movements to do. Whatever I did worked cause my arms and calves are killer sore today! Today I went to the gym and walked on the treadmill. 2 down and 28 more to go!

We finally got our wedding pics back, so hopefully I'll be posting some of those and also blogging about some of the wedding stuff I was too busy to do earlier!