1.21.2010

Bye Bye Conando

So I've always been a fan of Jay Leno-- Yes, I watch wheel of fortune and liked leno over letterman- I am an 80 year old living in a 30 year old body. However, I also like Conan and still watch him over Letterman. I thought Jay's new show would go over well in the 9:00 timeslot just because it would be so different from everything else airing at that time. Well, I can say that we NEVER put his show on at 9:00 and I maybe saw some clips of it if I went to bed before 10:00 and had the tv on. So I guess it shouldn't have came as a surprise when NBC announced they were pulling that show. But the real kicker has been that now NBC is offering him back the standard timeslot after the news and basically getting rid of Conan! I'm still in shock that everyone thinks this is a good move. And now I'm so annoyed with Jay that I most definitely will not watch his show and will force myself over to Letterman. Jay's done the show for 17 years....he left.....he turned it over to someone else, who happens to be funnier....you shouldn't just march back in and take it back. I feel like Jay should have told nbc, no thank you, the show is Conan's now. All in all, it's probably better for Conan-- he gets a $33 million payout and then can do a new show starting 9/1/10. The key is just getting a station to pick him up cause I guess abc already said no and fox hasn't said much. I just hope this all bites NBC and Jay in the butt down the road!