7.30.2009

A few wedding things done

I think I'm finally getting used to being overwhelmed and probably just need to be used to it for the next 2 months! This week I've been to 3 different Michael's stores to buy paper for our invitations and finally just resulted to buying some really large pieces of it and then went to Artmart tonight and used their enormous paper cutter to make it the size I want. So, now tomorrow we can take our invite file and paper to the printer and get these invites going! I had my first dress fitting last night with the seamstress. On Monday I had bought some Spanx (underwear that goes from your chest to mid-thigh to streamline and control everything) since my weightloss is not going too well...and dustin has complained like every night this week that i can't possibly wear these and they are hideous. But the reviews are so good on them and says it can make you look like a size smaller, so thought they were worth a try. So I have them on with my dress and the seamstress tells me that I look larger in my dress than what I really am...just what you want to hear standing in THE dress! My goal is not to look larger! So she recommended not wearing the spanx cause she thought they were adding to me looking heavier, so it did look better once i took the Spanx off. So am I like the only person where the Spanx did the reverse?!?! Overall my dress fit really well and basically could wear it with no alterations (except adding the bussle). I was able to remove ONE to-do item from the fridge this week, but hopefully this weekend will be productive and I am really close to being able to remove some more items. Dustin has really stepped up and been doing a lot this week, so maybe my idea of having all these tasks on the fridge has worked so he is aware of all that is outstanding!