7.22.2009

Engagement pics

Now that it looks like I'm able to upload pictures again, I gotta share some from our engagement shoot that our friend did! I can't wait to get them all back, but don't want her to rush cause she is busy with her own wedding on top of other things...don't know how people do all that! So like most things related to the wedding Dustin didn't really understand why we were doing these pictures or want to do them. I kept asking what he was going to wear on the day of it...I even bought him some new jeans but he didn't like because they were "too dark" (long live the stonewash for dustin!), so those gotta be returned. So I think Stephanie (our photographer) about died when she asked what we were going to wear for the 2nd outfit and dustin didn't know and was just going to pick something out spur of the moment. She and her fiancee had engagement pics a few weeks ago and said they went to the mall like 4 times to get their outfits. I swear dustin doesn't realize how lucky he is that I put up with his laid-back style! Like any normal person would have thought about what they were going to wear, made sure it was clean, made sure it was ironed, etc. But it all worked out for him just fine!

So we started out in dressier clothes and shot a bunch in the alley behind our building and then some just around our block and building. We then changed into more casual clothes and went over to the new city garden and just some other areas of downtown.
This one cracks me up cause I think she told us to each go sit at an end, so dustin plops down and crosses his arms like he's mad...so then that was the pose we did...then did some more lovey-dovey ones. As much as he didn't really want to do this, I think he really liked striking up poses!

This one I probably all screwed up, but I was playing around with the color on this one (and am too lazy to go pull the original one Stephanie did from the email)...but we love this shot and is on washington right in front of our building.



This was our casual outfit and we actually were done and just walking back to the car and realized there was no one on the street and she had the arch in the background, so snapped this!