7.08.2009

Toronto Trip

Well, I've got my pics uploaded to my pc from our trip, but still need to do some editing on them. I think I may try to put together a cute video or something on my Mac cause I have lots of pictures and will hopefully get some more from other people. I'll go through a quick synopsis of the trip:

Wednesday: We left after work. I did TONS of research to try and find a hotel for us to stop at and was having issues finding a decent place. I'm very picky about hotels and basically don't like anything that has a floral bedspread cause just gives me the heebie geebies and that it's not clean. So I found a Hampton Inn that had great reviews, so decided we'd drive to that and made a reservation there. We were almost there and I can see what looks like a fire up ahead on the interstate so I tell dustin to slow down some. As we get closer we realize there is a car pulled over on the right in full flames...only the frame is left and just blazing up a storm. The emergengy vehicles are arriving as we approach. So I'm telling Dustin to just stay back and I don't think we should pass it cause might explode or something, but he just keeps going by. So I think- this will make a great pic for my blog, I'll at least get a picture of this if he's going to go right past it. So I have my camera and Mr. Genius says- i'll roll down your window so you get a better picture. So next thing I know my window is going down and you feel the heat rush in from the fire. Then, just as I hit the button to take the picture a loud BOOM goes off like an explosion, exactly what I was afraid of! So I jumped a mile and ended up taking a picture of my door as shown below. So then we get to the town with the hotel and see it on the right side of the interstate so dustin exits right....onto a TOLL toad and the next exit to turn around isn't for 16 MILES! So it is already midnight and we are tired and now we've just created an extra 30 minutes of driving. Man, that was not pleasant!

Thursday: Got up and drove the rest of the way. Our hotel was really nice that we checked into. Then we went to Dustin's uncle's house for a bbq/rehearsal dinner for his cousin's wedding. The weather was awesome and it was fun meeting all the relatives and friends.

Friday: We walked around downtown with his family and then that night Dustin and I went to this Distillery District which seemed like a part of downtown they are revitazling the old buildings into restuarants, art galleries, shops, etc. It was very cool area and our meal was awesome! We ate at this italian place because they didn't have a wait and we didn't really want italian since we can get good italian in st louis, but this was fabulous! Dustin had egg noodle pasta with mushrooms and truffle sauce. Then it had quail on top, which I had never seen...looked just like chicken, but wasn't brave enough to try that! I had some spinach and gorgonzola gnocchi which was delicious.
This pic was from earlier in the day, we stopped along the lake and Keanan had some french fries and ketchup...although he didn't seem to fond of the fries. Instead, he'd just dip his whole hand into the ketchup and eat that!

This was where we ate dinner:

This was the restaurant I REALLY wanted to eat at, but was like an hour wait and dustin didn't want to wait. They had all these comfy cabana-things outside.

Saturday: We walked around the beaches with his family and Keanan played for a bit on the playground. Then we went to the wedding that night, which was a great time-- good food and good music! Keanan got this ice cream sundae for his dessert at the wedding and it was hilarious watching him eat this.




Sunday: We just hung out at dustin's aunts house to watch his cousin open their gifts. Then we went to watch his other cousin play softball for a bit. Then dustin and I went to dinner at a greek restaurant, which was good, but not as good as our meal friday night!