3.25.2009

Another wedding step complete

My big accomplishment for the week is I FINALLY ordered my dress. I'm not going to post a pic cause I don't like the one from the company on the website....so it will just be a surprise!

I emailed yesterday a girl for hair and another for makeup because they are really reasonable priced and recommended by a lot of other girls. I couldn't believe my luck that they were both available....then I come back from a meeting today and the girl for the makeup is booked now. I told dustin it is like I have a big target on me that someone is making all this planning so difficult!!!! What are the chances that someone with my same date booked her during less than 24 hours! It's not the end of the world, but just sucks!

I worked on my taxes after work today and it went really fast...has me a little nervous! I still need to fill in all my donations, so that will be rather time consuming.

If you are looking for a good summertime recipe, you gotta try this grape salad. It is very tasty and easy to make. You just put red and green grapes in a 9x13 pan- I think the recipe suggested 4lbs total, but I just bought 1 bag of each at the store. Then you mix 1 package of cream cheese and 8 oz sour cream and 1 cup sugar together. I just mixed in a bowl, but think it would be better if you beat it together. Dallop that on top of the grapes and spread out. Then combine 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup chopped pecans, and 1 T vanilla in a bowl. It will make a crumbly mixture that you can sprinkle on top. (I actually doubled the white mixture when I made it because I didn't feel I had enough to spread on the grapes, so may want to have some extra ingredients on hand.)