1.26.2009

Wine & Food Festival

So all day Saturday we went to the Chase for a Food and Wine Experience. We went last year and had a great time, so came back again....and had fun again! There were over 500 wines to try and then lots of good foods. Some of the good foods we tried were this line of chips I've seen in the stores-- They have Beer flavored (which really just tastes plain, but good) and Bloody Mary which was very tasty. There was a good pizza/flatbread recipe we tried-- just get a thin pizza crust and spread pesto on it, then top with cheese and pine nuts. We also tried some homemade Schnucks soup that I guess you get in their deli area that were good, but not very healthy-- Buffalo Chicken and Loaded Baked Potato (which tasted like a melted potato skin)! It all inspired me to cook a delicous meal so I made my own recipe tonight that is a mix between gumbo and jambalaya and it was YUMMY!




Here is Dustin and one of his best buds Devin and then Crystal, Missy, me, and Mandi.