10.27.2011

34 Weeks

How I'm feeling?  Well this week has not been the best, but hanging in there.  The nausea is getting better-- I've cut down the anti-anxiety meds to only taking every other day and have noticed a big difference and have my appetite back.  Prior to doing that, I was eating a lot of Jell-o and Sprite cause nothing sounded appealing.  You'll read more below, but I've had a lot of discomfort all across my ribs-- right under my chest.  I also am starting to get some back pain and in general it's just hard to find comfortable positions for me to sit in.  Dustin owes me big time cause we drove down to Nashville to meet up with his college friends over the weekend.  I was somewhat dreading the trip cause just wasn't sure how I would feel.  Overall I did okay though and it was better than I had imagined.  On the ride down I was very uncomfortable in the car and somewhat going crazy.  However, on the ride home we made it the whole way without stopping and I was pretty much fine.

Dr. Appt. Date: 10/25/2011
Weight: 151 (up 20 lbs from start)
Blood Pressure: 98/64
Baby's Heartbeat: Forgot to write it down, but at the u/s it was 123 (this was quite a bit lower than previously, but she said was still fine)
Fundal Height: 30 cm (no change)
Belly Circumference: 37  in (no change)
Dr. Appt Description:  My usual doctor was not in the office, so I saw another doctor in the practice.  I realized how much I enjoy seeing the same doctor every week-- and at the start of the pregnancy my doctor also said she thinks it is important to have the same person continually see you because they become familiar with you and have better ability to recognize what is normal or not.  So anyways, this doctor calculated my fundal height at 30cm, which was the same as 2 weeks ago-- however, I've read in my books that this measurement varies a lot from doctor to doctor with how they measure, so it's hard to tell if that truly stayed the same or not.  She was concerned because it was smaller than the acceptable range, so I explained that basically I've measured behind the whole time, but we did an ultrasound last month and everything was fine.  However, she had a good point that it wouldn't hurt to do another u/s in case something has changed in the last month...so we were to come back in 2 days for the u/s.  We also had some discussion on just how uncomfortable I've been lately, which I just figured most of what I was feeling is normal.  My most painful area is basically in my ribs and it's not the baby kicking me, but almost a constant pain that feels like it has been badly bruised.  I'd imagine if you were in a car accident and the seat belt restrained you, you would feel sore and some bruising-- which is what I can best describe this as.  She also wanted to check my cervix and discovered that it was 1 cm. dilated.  So she ended up prescribing some pills that I take 3 times a day now that seem like the goal is to help with the rib pain and hopefully less contractions too.  I go back next Monday for her to see me at 35 weeks....then it will be back to my normal doctor for weekly appointments starting at 36 weeks.

Ultrasound Appointment:  Since I'm late writing this, I can also document how the u/s went.....which was.....REALLY WELL!  The baby should have been at 34 weeks and 1-2 days, but she said he is measuring at 35 weeks and 3 days!  The estimated weight is 5 lbs 12 oz.  So the technician thought everything looked great and he is definitely bigger than expected based on looking at me.  Also, he was no longer breeched, he was head down.  In fact, his head was so far down in my pelvis that she couldn't get real good measurements on that.  So will be interesting to see when I actually deliver, but both we left the appointment realizing we really do need to be prepared ahead of time because it seems like there is decent chance he could come before 12/6....and previously I just always had feelings that I would go late, so never felt a lot of urgency to get things done too much earlier!  We also could get a decent look at his face, but it still was a little creepy looking to me....haha!  I hope it was just the view, but he looked to have a pig nose.....so hopefully his nose comes out looking a little more normal....and if not, then let's just hope he never sees this blog cause hey, we all love pig noses....right?!

Picture:
The laptop is not recognizing my camera card, so pic will have to be uploaded later :(