10.18.2011

33 Weeks & Shower!

These next few weeks are going to be hectic since we are moving, but my goal is to do a weekly update on pregnancy items until the baby arrives....so we'll see if that happens!   I'll post updated stats and profile pic next week after my 34-week appointment.

How I'm feeling?  Still just generally not feeling and well and uncomfortable a lot.  My biggest issue is just nausea and only limited foods sound good to attempt eating.  I really thought this was due to new medication I started, but now am thinking it is just how my body is responding this trimester.  I researched on the internet today and found that nausea is so commonly associated with the 1st trimester, but very often occurs in the 3rd also.  I also continue to be super tired, but is just because I'm not sleeping well at night....and then last weekend woke up both mornings at like 6:30 instead of being able to sleep in!
Cravings?  For the most part, I wouldn't say I ever had any strong cravings for this whole pregnancy.  Lately though I have just been really wanting fruits and juices-- something about those just taste cold and refreshing and light! 

Baby's name?  Well, we did finally decide to just stick with the one we had liked and have started telling people.  I'll give you a hint this week-- here are the letters (scrambled....hee, hee):
N A H A C L L

And the biggest event this last week was my first shower!!!!!  My sister threw it for me and did an awesome job!!  This one was just for some friends and was held at Lucas Park Grille, which is a restaurant across the street from where I live.  We did it on Sunday and was a brunch.  The atmosphere was perfect- we did not have a private room, but the place was not crowded and our area was very segregated.  We had a little area with comfy chairs by a fireplace where we could gather after eating to open gifts and worked out well.  Here are the group of girls that were there (and sadly a few close friends had to miss it cause live too far away now or weren't feeling well that live in town, so I missed their company!):

We started off the fun by playing a few games while we waited for the food.  The first game was a sheet of 20 excerpts of song lyrics that had "baby" in the title...then we had to name the song.  Most of us were pretty bad, so luckily she then passed around a cheatsheet to help which told us all of the artists.  My friend Katie won that game- she is a dance teacher, so she is probably listens to music a little more than the rest of us or pays better attention to lyrics!

The next game was a sheet that had baby pictures of us on there and you had to guess who was who.  Along with that, also had to match the person's name to the correct meaning of their name.  I killed this game, but of course couldn't take the prize (complete unfair advantage that I knew my info plus my sister and sister-in-law)...so I believe Lydia and Jill won that one.


We ate and then opened gifts and got the best stuff ever!  Nearly everything was from my registry or stuff that we needed and I really liked, so can't imagine that any of this will get returned or not used!  Here's just a few pics:


Lastly, here were the cutest little favors ever-- candy bars in this adorable wrapper with a baby sock for the hat...awwwwwwwwwwww: