9.30.2011

DIY Word Art

I was down to my last large frame that still needed filled and I felt like I had already gone overboard with the wedding pics.  So I feel like this has done the job of filling the frame...and was cheap, so extra bonus!

I used Microsoft Publisher and created text boxes all with different sized fonts and different font types and different color shades, then I would fill in things that describe St. Louis.  I did some neighborhoods, popular streets, locations like restaurants and museums, etc.   Then just took the file to Office Depot and they print for around $1.  My opening was for a 11x14 print, but you have to print on 11x17 paper there since they are not really a photoshop...but is fine with me cause those extra inches don't really matter.  It would be around $10 to get this printed at a walgreens on the 11x14 paper.

I really think doing some word art like this is such an easy, cheap way to fill frames around the house.  I can't wait until we get a house and to make some things for the nursery!

Here's the whole thing framed on the wall:


And a close-up to see some of the fonts and words: