12.14.2010

T-shirts recycled!

I've seen this idea on a few blogs and thought I'd give it a try while trapped inside with the snow yesterday! One lucky person (that does not read this blog) will be getting this as a xmas gift...and if she thinks it's ugly, then she can throw away since it was free! I made a scarf out of old t-shirts...and thought it turned out decent. Don't think it's going to rock anyone's world, but is unique!

scarf 002_small

Here's what I did: Grab 1 or more old t-shirts. (I used some of Dustin's since he has I swear over 100 t-shirts piled up.) I picked Orange and Blue for Illini colors. I cut about .5-.75 inch strips across the shirt. Then wrap each strip several times around your hand to make it into a loop. Take small pieces of the shirt fabric (can use sleeves) to tie in a double knot to tie 2 of the loops together. Continue in this fashion and can leave open at the end or tie it into a circle.
scarf 005_small