10.05.2008

Oahu Day 3 (Mon)

My first day being engaged!

Today we got up early again and ate the free breakfast at the hotel down by the pool area. It was very relaxing and nice.

After that, we boarded a bus to take us to Diamond Head Crater to go hiking. This was almost the most tiring thing I have ever done and was magnified because of the heat and straight sunshine we were in. But the views were really awesome, so it was worth it. I seriously say like people who looked like they were 70 and had canes that were trying to do this….and I would see 3 year old kids….or the Japanese in high heels or fashionable shoes….SO if all of them are doing this, then I should be able to with no problem!!! I’m still curious if the old people really made it to the top or just quit halfway. At the very top you have to climb 271 stairs- some a spiral staircase—and I just get more dizzy than tired on the stupid stairs. The views up top were worth it though--





We come back from that and bring our leftovers from dinner to the beach for a lunch picnic. We eat and swim for a few hours. We made dinner reservations at a nicer place- Hau Tree Lanai which overlooks the beach and is perfect for watching the sunset. Our food was great and the portions were big for such a nice place. We came back and put in a movie and I zonked out by 9pm. Here is pic from dinner--