10.05.2008

Oahu- Day 2 (Sunday)

Baby One is getting a dad!!!

Okay, this is the best day ever. I was up at 5am bright and early due to the jetlag. We lounged around for a while and then went out to the beach all morning. The water was absolutely awesome and I did not spot a single fish the whole time! You could go out at least a half mile and the water stayed shallow and never went over your head. There were people surfing so much further out that you could only make out little dots and hardly see them. After the beach we were starving so decided to just hit up this Mexican restaurant- La Cucaracha (doesn't that mean "the cockroach")? It lightly rained for 10 minutes and then the sun was back out! After this we just walked around to all the shops and went to this international marketplace, which we quickly left because it felt like you were in mexico with the sales people all on top of you if your eyes stayed on an object for longer than 2 seconds and they start haggling on the price and everything. We stopped at the Yardhouse which has the largest tap beer selection and had a drink and watched some football.


We had decided for dinner that we would just buy some food and wine and have a picnic on the beach to watch the sunset that night for dinner. I was surprised because dustin kept saying that we could just stop at Cheesecake Factory and get food—and normally we stay away from chain restaurants we can have at home. So we got a ton of food at the factory and came back home and packed up for the picnic. I was thinking in my mind that if he was going to propose on this trip that this could possibly be the time, but I wasn’t sure cause I knew he also kept saying over and over how he wanted to go to a more secluded beach that is not so populated. Obviously we get to the beach and there are a lot of people there watching the sunset, so we were both a little bummed that it wasn’t less crowded…but oh well.


The sun pretty quickly starts diminishing…so dustin tells me that he loves me so much and then reaches into his pocket and is fumbling around for a while and I know this has to be the ring I’ve been waiting for!!!!! Then, being the classy guy he is—he plops it down in front of me and says, “well, I know this may not be the most romantic setting, but here ya go. Open it.” I was scared to open it because dustin has NO fashion sense or anything, so just made me nervous what his brain may have created here. I took a quick peek at it and loved it!!!! He just keeps telling me to hurry up and open it and put it on before the sun goes down cause he was worried it would get too dark and I wouldn’t be able to see it. So we take some pictures and then enjoy our feast! I told him I wasn’t so sure he was going to propose because I was with him when he packed and knew everything in the suitcase, but at some point he just snuck it into his shorts pocket and had been in there the entire trip. Forgot to mention Dustin spilled his red wine on my brand new white oversized beach towel I had just bought! He said it will just be a good memory of the night he proposed now! Here are some pics...