3.14.2010

Good and Bad News

So Thursday ended badly with our team going to happy hour to wash away the sadness! It was confirmed that we would no longer have jobs at AT&T.....but the good news was that on Friday we would be presented with an offer from Accenture, which we were. So, at least we aren't out of a job....but still not completely ideal to be going through this. I think in the end though this could be a good move and a better company to work for....so time will tell! April 18 will officially be my last day with AT&T. Once I start for Accenture, I'll still work in the same cubicle (unfortunately) with the same chair from 1975 that kills my back and I'll work with my same team and boss. It will just be interesting to see how long things just stay the same cause I imagine at some point Accenture will be looking to make improvements or shake things up a bit. I got more bad news today when Illinois didn't even make the tournament this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What's up with that!?!?! Missy and I talked about boycotting the whole tourney if they didn't give IL a spot, but I'm not going to be able to do that since Vandy has a 4 seed. At least I can cheer for them!