3.11.2010

Anxiety to the max!!!!!

I NEVER blog from work, but today is an exception. There have been rumors swirling for a while that the system I work on will be outsourced to another company- Accenture. Well, we came to find out they weren't just rumors, it was actually the truth. So we have a meeting at 10:30 this morning with my boss's boss's boss where hopefully we find out the details. I woke up last night like 5 different times with all sorts of nightmares about this. I figure this meeting will go 2 ways-- 1) everyone under him is in the same boat and I guess we are all potentially losing our job doing this role at AT&T or 2) he will explain what is generally happening so everyone hears the same thing, but says that not everyone will be affected the same and that you'll find out more specifics from your boss. I'm hoping it's the latter! I just keep hoping that they outsource the development and testing, but leave the more business functions here with AT&T. I just want to find out!!!!!!!!! And if it does affect me, I'm hoping I'll still have a job somewhere-- just a matter of whether I find a different job at AT&T or transition to Accenture. So, hopefully I'll have a post later today with some good news.....if not, probably at the bar drinking my sorrows away :(