11.05.2012

Lachlan's First Halloween

Lachlan's first Halloween was rather uneventful, but I'll take that as a positive sign!  I originally bought 3 costumes to decide between: Sock Monkey, Garden Gnome, or a Pumpkin.  And then I switched and got him a Care Bear costume...and even found Grumpy Bear, which is fitting since he can be quite the grumps sometimes!  I found this on eBay, so it was great that it didn't cost a lot...however, the hood really sucked at staying up on his head so you could see the face well.  I thought about trying to fix it, but then decided it was not worth my time and hassle- it is what it is.  We mainly just stayed at home to pass out candy, but took him to 2 houses.  He was in a good mood and didn't mind the silly costume at all.  He enjoyed checking out all the activity at our door and trying to figure out what was going on.  It was funny when a group of like junior high girls came and oohed and aahed over the care bear.  Some little 3 year old came and told Dustin it looked like the grass really needed cut!  Here's a few pics: