10.29.2012

Fun with Pumpkins

Oh man, so I guess we are the mean parents forcing our child into stupid stunts, but we had such a fun time....until it came time for the real deal and pictures!

As I had shown some pics earlier, we went to a pumpkin patch a couple weeks ago and got some pumpkins.  I purposefully got a really huge pumpkin because I wanted to put Lachlan inside of it and take pictures.  So last weekend we set out to carve it and try this!

Lachlan is having a great time checking out the pumpkin and watching daddy carve (which by the way was his FIRST time ever carving a pumpkin).

























Once we had the top cut out, we decided to see if he would fit just squatting or sitting inside of it, so we go out to the backyard...

























and this boy is as happy as can be, but doesn't come close to fitting in this pumpkin!

So, back inside for more carving to make him some leg holes so he can sit in the pumpkin.  And then we come back out to this...




It wasn't all crying, there were a few seconds where he gnawed at the pumpkin


And this is it- my only decent picture not in complete tears
 
So I guess it wasn't a complete fail cause I can't help but laugh looking at these pictures and they are still cute....just not what I had imagined!