12.12.2011

Tomorrow is THE DAY!

So, I'm sitting here tonight at 40 weeks and 6 days...so basically I have the dreaded 41-week post since this stubborn little guy refuses to come out!  However, I'm not using my normal format and just writing down some thoughts-- I'll have to take a bump picture tomorrow when I look better than now!

So as of last Tuesday, my doctor setup the induction for tomorrow 12/13 and I was 6th on the list to be called.  However, I'm sure some of the 5 people ahead of me had their baby this last week, so I've probably moved up a little.  They usually start phone calls around 5am and will just depend on how busy they are with people coming in for natural births.  If I haven't heard anything by noon, then I can call and get a status update.  So we sit around tomorrow and wait for THE CALL!

We are both really ready cause feel like our life has been on hold lately cause keep thinking the baby could be coming...so almost every day we have spent just sitting around the house...watching tv, playing some games, etc.  I've been working from home and Dustin is technically on vacation, but basically was working from home.  The one good thing with the baby coming late is that we had time to explore 3 daycares and think we have decided on one.  As much as we are ready and excited, it's also just really hitting me and kinda makes me sad that the life Dustin and I have known will come to an end and take a whole new direction starting tomorrow...although I know it will all be for the better!

This last week has been brutally uncomfortable, but some of it could just be in my head since I know I was overdue.  Sleeping has been really difficult and generally only sleep for about 2 hours at a time before I wake up and either my ribs or back is throbbing.  The heating pad has become my new best friend!  It's been tough cause it's so hard to get comfy-- if I sit too long, it's killer....if I stand or walk too much, it's killer...there is just no good position to be in!  Dustin has been so good to me the last few days cause there's been a few crying meltdowns when I'm so uncomfortable and don't know what to do....usually a good backrub cures that then!  I've already decided for the next baby that I will need to make sure I have a doctor that will induce a little earlier- like maybe 2 days after the due date or something.  Waiting a week was just too much!  And considering he was last measuring 9 days ahead of schedule, I'm paranoid now he's HUGE.

I must say that I'm not near as nervous as I thought I would be.  I've been dreading the actual labor FOREVER, but I think I've been so uncomfortable that I really am just ready to get it over with. I would be way more nervous if I was doing some sort of public speaking thing tomorrow, so just goes to show how much I hate that I guess!  I think I just know I gotta get through whatever pain...and hopefully in a few days I am feeling SO much better than right now :)

Just for fun, we made a few predictions so we'll see who gets the most right:
Time of phone call: Amy- 9am; Dustin- 6am
Baby's Weight: Amy- 7 lbs 9 oz; Dustin- 8 lbs 5 oz
Baby's Length: Amy- 21 inches; Dustin- 24 inches
Time Baby is Born: Amy 5:16pm 12/13; Dustin- 11pm 12/13

Hopefully next post is to share a POSITIVE birthing experience and the fact we have a HEALTHY baby!