12.06.2011

40 weeks

Okay, so I guess I shouldn't complain that I have a 40-week post...it should be expected....but here's to REALLY hoping there is no post titled 41 weeks!  If I do make it 41 weeks (12/13), then I will be called in to be induced some time that day....so I guess at the VERY latest we know by 12/14 we'll be new parents!
How I'm feeling? 
I'm okay at times, but just completely miserable and uncomfortable at others.  I mainly get frustrated because doing anything for a lengthy amount of time gets uncomfortable.  So I just can't plop on the couch and watch tv for 3 hours at night....after an hour my back is hurting or stomach/ribs ache that I have to get up.  Or if we are out shopping/standing/walking for quite a while, then that just wears me down and can't take it.  So it just gets annoying constantly having to change things up.  And almost every night for the last week I wake up around 3:30 and is really hard to get good sleep after that point cause am so achy.  I can only lay comfortably on my left side and is hard to just stay in that same position all night long.  Then I got a completely new pain yesterday that left me nearly unable to walk...seriously thought I'd have to resort to a wheelchair until I delivered.  Basically the baby's head is lodged so far down into my pelvic region so is stretching things out and makes it hard to walk after sitting for a period of time.  The doctor said his head has turned a little from last week causing this discomfort.  It is so much better today and just slightly there...so just hoping it doesn't come back like yesterday.
Luckily Dustin is on vacation starting yesterday throught the end of the year.  Although he still has a lot of work to do, so is moreso just working from home until the baby comes.  I am most likely going to be working from home until the baby comes just cause it's more comfortable at home and then the 2 of us are together in case I go into labor...especially since we only have 1 vehicle.  Anyways, we wake up this morning to hear from co-workers and the news that the roads were terribly icy and the interstate was shutdown at Eureka...so we kept figuring this will be the time that I go into labor and we need to leave!  Luckily that didn't happen...and we're just hoping for no more ice/snow for the next week now!
Dr. Appt: 12/6/2011
Weight: 157 lbs
Belly Circumference: 40 inches (keeps growing!)
Internal Exam: nearly 3cm dilated
BP, Fundal Height, Heartbeat: Didn't really pay attention to these stats or ask since was at the end- they were all normal
Appt Notes:  As mentioned at the start of the post, she set up the induction date but really doesn't expect us to make it that far.  90% of babies are born by this point, so hopefully I fall into that category.  I was more dilated so things have been moving along, but still don't have any recognizable contractions.  When she did the internal exam, she also stripped the membranes around the uterus some which can trigger contractions to start...not a pleasant experience and am doubtful it's going to work.  I'm convinced baby is just as terrified as me for this whole labor process so he's just procrastinating and wanting to stay put.  Next time I see the doctor will be 6-7 weeks from now...such a nice change from these weekly appts!
Picture: