12.01.2011

39 Weeks

How I'm feeling?  It's really hit or miss, and at least there are some good times....but overall I just feel really huge and uncomfortable!  I hate our family room furntiture cause there is just no comfy place to sit for a period of time.  Also, I seriously have to walk at a turtle's pace and anything faster just ends up aggravating pain.  The ribs are still sore, so use the medicine some...but other days they feel better.  I was glad I felt good on Thanksgiving and got to enjoy all the good food....although despite efforts not to overeat, I still did.  On Black Friday, the weather was GORGEOUS outside, so I met my sister and we shopped for about 4-5 hours going around to different stores.  Neither of us had anything we were out to get, but moreso just browsing....and we didn't up buying any gifts, but just stuff for ourselves!  We then spent time putting up the xmas tree and decorating for the holidays.  It was my aunt and uncle's 25th wedding anniversary, so we met them briefly on Saturday.  I then ran some errands again on Sunday, but it just completely exhausted me-- bought some king-size bedding, so will need to post pics of that room soon.  Also just got some other things for the house we needed like shower curtain, rugs, etc.  So I was really glad with how much we got accomplished during our holiday time off and hopefully can relax a lot until the baby arrives!
Dr. Appt
Date: 11/29 and 11/30
Weight: 158 lbs
BP: 110/70
Baby's Heartbeat: ?
Fundal Height: 35 cm
Belly Circumference: 37 inches
Internal Exam: 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced (no change)
Notes:  So this week was interesting- we showed up on Tuesday to our normal appointment and got to our exam room slightly before the appt time of 12:15 and the nurse tells us the doctor will be there in just a few minutes.  We wait....and wait.....and wait....and Dustin is getting so ancy cause he has a large meeting/presentation back at work at 1:30.  Finally it is 12:50 and she still hasn't came in yet, so we decide we have to leave and reschedule otherwise he will not make it back in time.  So I was bummed cause we had already spent so much time away from work and got nothing accomplished and just meant I was going to have to go back another day to do this all over!  So they got me in the next day and I just went to it alone.  Everything pretty much measured the same.  She said my bag of waters was bulging and the baby's head is still right there and located really good.  She said (again) most first-timers will go after their due date, so is better to expect that and then will just be a surprise if I go early.  So will be interesting to see if I have a 40-week post or this will be it!

Picture (again, sorry for the  no makeup and disheveled look...but it's effort enough to just put on normal clothes and get the pic taken!):