11.21.2011

36 Weeks and another Shower!

About 2 weeks behind in my postings...so here are brief Week 36 updates, when I am actually at 38 weeks!

What's new this week?  It is really nice being in the house and having the move behind us.  However, there is just so much to deal with on the house that it is keeping us swamped!  Still just feeling somewhat uncomfortable at times and the rib pain is the major nuisance.

Major accomplishment this week was my mom painted the baby's room- we went with what we thought was a medium gray color, but it ended up a little darker than planned...but I LOVE it!  It looks really great with the white trim in the room and white furniture.  Here you can see the transformation in progress:

I had some co-workers in town this week from out of state, so the week was also busy with trying to spend some time with them in the evenings since we only see them a couple times each year.  And my work group threw me the most awesome shower that week on Wednesday at lunch as a surprise!  It was absolutely amazing at the number of people that showed up for it cause hardly anyone comes into the office anymore and is so dead most days.  Then there were a number of people who have retired or work in other groups and many of them were there.  It was just very nice and we were so appreciative of seeing everyone and the nice gifts.  So many of them also are very talented and made gifts for the baby which were just amazing!  Here's a pic of my sister and I sorting through clothes and getting the tags off for washing:

Baby Name:  I know I gave a teaser a while ago of the name we picked out with the letters scrambled, but I don't think I ever revealed it.....so here goes!  We decided on the name Lachlan, which is pronounced like lock-lin.  The more I say it and get used to it, the more I like it.  I had found it in a baby book and brought it to Dustin with a list of like 20 others and Dustin just immediately loved it and settled on it.  I really liked it, but was still a little unsure...but now I'm glad we've settled on it.

Dr. Appt
Date: 11/8/11
Weight: 154 lbs (up 13 from start)
Internal: 1 cm dilated
Notes:  I was glad to get back to seeing my regular doctor.  She told me to stop taking the medication the other doctor had prescribed because it wasn't doing anything for the rib pain- and the doctor had prescribed thinking maybe I was having contractions, but I'm not. She said the other doctor was just being precautious.

Picture: