6.16.2011

Semi-Fresh Salsa

Last night I was just hungry for something fresh tasting.  I decided to walk to the grocery store and pick up a few items-- and some salsa was just calling my name!  We love making salsas and make it differently each time, but I got this idea from my Aunt's house.  I love the cilantro-lime flavor in here.  My husband usually likes super spicy salsa, but he agreed that even this mild version is very tasty!  He doesn't like corn, but you can't even taste it in here, so a good way to sneak in some veggies!  This makes a pretty large batch:

2 cans diced tomatoes- drained (I used ones with chili's to give it a slight kick)
1 can corn- drained
1 can black beans- drained and rinsed
1 purple onion chopped/diced
1 bunch of cilantro
Juice of 1 lime

Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl, except for the lime.  Cut the lime in half and squeeze each half over your salsa.  Tip: to get the juices flowing first, roll the lime on the counter back and forth with some pressure or just pop in the microwave for like 10 seconds.  Mix well distributing the lime juice and serve with chips!

I bought the multigrain tostito scoops and they tasted great with this!