3.08.2011

San Fran Trip

I know I've been major MIA lately, but hopefully this will be a lengthy post and make up for it! I never get to travel for work, but I found out a few weeks ago that I'd be visiting our California office in San Ramon (about 45 minutes from San Francisco)...and I was super excited! I had never been to this area before, so it would be a great way to check it out and not have to use my own money :) It was AWESOME and since Dustin has never been to the area, we will definitely be putting this on our trip list for some point soon!

We arrived Sunday afternoon and a very sweet lady that works in the CA office came to our hotel and drove us into San Fran for some quick sightseeing and dinner. We only had about an hour of daylight, so we didn't get much in. We started out with a cable car ride-- it was a great way to experience the CRAZY hills and see some of the city.
!

We got off the trolley and went to Ghiradelli square- sampled some wonderful chocolate!

You can see Alcatraz in the distance here.

And if you look real closely you can see the golden gate bridge in this photo....I know it looks small, but I promise it's there and I could see it!

We then walked around Fisherman's Wharf and ate dinner at Scoma's. The menu was HUGE, but there was like 2 things that were not fish or beef (which I don't really eat)-- mozarella sticks or a BLT. I went with the BLT and was some of the best bacon I've ever had!

Monday was our first day at work and it was so great to meet all these people that I've worked with for like 7-9 years and NEVER met before! We just had a blast and I am so lucky to have such great co-workers.

On Tues evening, some co-workers took us to a nearby area called Walnut Creek. The downtown area was basically a huge outdoor shopping mall and I seriously felt like I was in heaven...and I'm not even a shopper! They had everything from local stores to chain stores...and it was every single store you could ever think of- Crate & Barrel, BCBG, Tiffany's, Urban Outfitters, Williams Sonoma, etc. For dinner we went to the San Francisco Creamery and I just ordered a fabulous Hot Fudge Sundae for dinner! Man vs. Food filmed an episode here where he attempts to finish the Kitchen Sink which consists of 3 sliced bananas, scoops of up to 8 flavors of ice creams, 8 servings of toppings, mounds and mounds of whipped cream, chopped toasted almonds and cherries. I also ordered a basket of Funnel Cake fries-- best invention ever! Looks like french fries, but was just strips of funnel cake...YUM!

On Wednesday evening a bunch of people went to play Bocce Ball and eat dinner. I couldn't believe how many people had never played bocce ball before- it's such a great game for any age and you can just play in your yard at home.

On Thursday for lunch they took us to Bridges, which is where Mrs. Doubtfire had a scene filmed-- the food was really great here also.

And how could I have almost forgot this-- the HIGHLIGHT of my trip was going to In-n-Out Burger!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been waiting years to try this and had really high expectations and the burger exceded those expectations! It was hands down better than my beloved Big Mac! The menu is very basic- hamburger, cheeseburger, fries, shakes, soda. However, they have a "secret menu" that my co-workers were so kind to make sure I reviewed ahead of time! I got the Animal Burger- which basically means they grill the burger in mustard, and add grilled onions, pickles, lettuce, tomato, and spread (which is similar to thousand island dressing). I went a little overboard and also got the Animal fries- which is basically all the same toppings but with melted cheese. If I did it again I would just have the fries plain cause it was a little too much of the same flavors. Oh yum, I gotta quit thinking about this!

In a nutshell, that about sums it up!