2.16.2011

Cold day treats

So up until a few days ago, we've been hit with some killer cold weather in St. Louis...topped with a nice dose of snow/ice. So for several days we did not venture out and just worked from home-- so nice to just stay in my PJs, grab my laptop to do work, and have some winter treats!

I got in the habit of making myself some dynamite hot cocoa! Had some Swiss Miss packets in the pantry that I heated with water to make the hot chocolate, then topped it off with some large marshmallows....pop it in the microwave for a few seconds to start melting the marshmallows...then enjoy! So simple, yet so tasty!

I just happened to also have all the makings for a smores in the pantry also. These were heavenly!!!!! Topped a graham cracker with some chocolate chips and then 1 large marshmallow. I microwaved for just a few seconds and the marshmallow would expand HUGE! I couldn't get enough of these...once I finished off all the ingredients, got to the store and bought more!