1.10.2011

Last batch of recipe ideas

I found a few recipe ideas that could make for cute small gifts to hand out. My plan is to tackle some, if not all, of these this year.

These first 2 are from Plain Chicken's blog. First up is homemade butterfinger bars which only use 3 ingredients and is made from candy corn (yes, how strange is that?)! I'm not a huge butterfinger fan normally, but they are fairly tasty and if you can nab some leftover candy corn after halloween, this would be a really frugal xmas gift! Check out here for the recipe and pictures.

Another item super simple to do is homemade vanilla-- only 2 ingredients! Click here for pics and the recipe. Below were some cute packaging ideas I saw.

This next idea is for homemade Limoncello. I had never had limoncello until last year when some friends of ours made a bottle....and let me tell you- it was AWESOME! Now Plain Chicken does have a recipe here on her blog, but it is for a creamy limoncello. I will probably choose to attempt a more simpler recipe such as this. Following are just a few pics of cute bottling/label ideas.

And lastly, my sister had some homemade toffee that was DELICIOUS...I sadly devoured my last bite of it last night and am having an intense craving for it tonight! I'll have to get the exact recipe used, but I found this on All Recipes that has good reviews/feedback and doesn't seem to hard.