1.17.2011

Golden Globe reviews

I've been more absent than planned lately cause I've been dealing with a miserable cold. When my head is this clogged, even sitting here typing a blog seems like too much work! Anyways, I did have hours to spend devoted to the tv watching the Golden Globe red carpet and awards.

In the last 2 weeks just by coincidence I had seen 2 of the movies nominated- Inception and The Kids are All Right. I don't think I've added these to my movie review page yet, but I'll probably give Inception a 3. Dustin really enjoyed it, but it was just not my style of movie. Hated the ending- that's all I'll say. The Kids are All Right was better....but still don't think it's near award-worthy! I'm toying between rating that a 3 or 4. I really want to see a lot of the other movies nominated- Social Network and Black Swan are at the top!!

Now, on to the most important part of the evening-- who looked the best and worst! One trend that I was a little surprised with was the number of long-sleeved dresses. In my opinion, Angelina Jolie was the only one that pulled off the look...Anne Hathaway came in 2nd-- I didn't care for the poof on the sleeves, but her dress had an open back that was really pretty. The rest all looked disgusting.


I'll continue on with more looks that make me say- WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And now my selection of the best looking dresses/people of the evening-- there were a lot, so was hard to narrow it down to the best. Obviously I really liked the black dresses and champagne-ish colored ones! Eva Longoria and Piper Perabo also had very classy looking black dresses, but I just got lazy and did not include their pics. All the women below deserve A's in my book!

And lastly, the fashion critics did not give Natalie a good review, but I thought she looked great!