2.17.2010

Mardi Gras....again

So after much debate over whether to attend the Mardi Gras festivities again, I decided to suck it up and go. I knew I'd probably have a good time, but it's always a pain dealing with the cold weather, port-a-potty lines, and drunk people. I feel like I've been every year since I've moved here, so I've experienced it. But then I also convince myself to just go and have fun because a few years from now when we live out in the suburbs and have kids I'm really not going to be able to do this...so take advantage of it while I can! It ended up being a great time though and we didn't get cold at all. It helps when you go prepared with the warmers, wool socks, long underwear, etc!
We first met up at Flannery's, across the street from us, had a few drinks there and then caught our favorite shuttle over to Mardi Gras. Watched the parade, or what we could see of it through all the people. We finally headed back downtown around dinner time and went to the diner across the street and man, did that food taste awesome! We only had some cold pretzels to eat down there so were all starving! We then came back here and played some wii and goofed off. Maurit and dustin decided they needed MORE food, so then ordered a large pizza and ate the whole thing but one slice! I had to laugh and take a picture when I caught the 2 of them sitting/laying on the couch as such! They looked like such a cute couple...