2.16.2010

Happy belated V-day

So, hopefully everyone enjoyed valentine's day this last weekend, no matter how low-key or extravagant it was. And even if you are one of those anti-v-day people cause you don't have a significant other to celebrate it with, just think about the family or friends out there who love you! I really do think it's a silly-ish holiday and we don't exchange gifts and go all out. The valentines day extravaganza stuff lasted for like the first 2 years and then dustin was done with that! We really spent all day Sunday doing what we do best- being lazy! Laid on the couch and watched the illini get killed by ohio state-- not so much fun. We then watched some shows we had tivo'd, including A Charlie Brown Valentine! I was disappointed it ended so sad, but Dustin reminded me that nothing good ever happens to Charlie Brown....so that was just kinda depressing actually...haha. I hardly ever cook meat, so I thought I'd do something Dustin would enjoy and cooked steak...however, I apparently need to read up on how to do it cause it got way too well done in the center for him. I kept refusing for him to take it off cause my new handy dandy meat thermometer said it wasn't ready yet....well it went from undercooked to well-done in seriously 3 minutes! Oh well, he ate 2 steaks so wasn't too bad! We went out to dinner on Friday night to a nice restaurant which was really our valentine's day treat I guess. We went to Mihalis, which is on McCausland just south of 40. I LOVED the atmosphere and the food was good too. And the best part was............you know how I LOVE a good celebrity sighting, which you never get here in St. Louis.......but one of the most famous St. Louis celebreties was at the booth next to us......Ozzie Smith! So that made dinner a little more enjoyable watching him. Funny, cause the dude drinks Lemon-tinis....something you may not know! Very girly drink for a MLB player! Well, that's my update for now!