2.25.2010

American Idol thoughts

I usually don't watch all those auditions before the Top 24, but this year I've actually seen a lot of them. I thought there was a lot of talent this year and was thinking it could be the best year yet...but after this first week I'm not so sure! So, here's my initial thoughts:

GUYS: These 3 were HORRIBLE and FORGETTABLE and I fully expect 2 of them to go home tonight- Jermaine Sellers, John Park, and Todrick Hall. Tyler Grady I just want to jump through the tv and give him a slap across the face, but I think he's definitely safe. Until tonight, I did not see what the hype was on Casey James and didn't like him....but he sang one of my fave songs tonight "Heaven"... so now he has moved into my good list and if he keeps this up, will be here at the end! The only other 2 I think I may like this season are Andrew Garcia and Lee Dewyze. They seem the most likely to do a really cool version of a song and standout.

GIRLS: So, Lilly Scott and Crystal Bowersox are both really talented and I enjoy listening to, but they don't seem to blow me away. I think they'll do good in the competition, but not sure they'll be able to mix it up with different sounds. They both seem like the type of music I'd enjoy listening to out at a bar. Janell Wheeler I also really like cause is cute and like her style, but also doesn't have a very powerful voice and I'm not sure she'll go too far...I always have 1 favorite that doesn't do well and I'm guessing it will be her. I really like Katie Stevens voice, but she did not get so good of reviews tonight...but I think she's cute and has a strong voice, so I hope she does well. Michelle Delamor seemed good too. Out of the rest, I don't really care who goes home, but hopefully it's one of them!