11.30.2008

Engagement Celebration!!!

Last night we had an Engagment Party and it was a great time...Dustin and I are paying for it today though- haha! We really appreciated everyone who was able to come and especially those who travelled from out of town...and unfortunately we missed some close friends and family who couldn't be there. We used an empty loft here in dustin's building and just tried to spruce it up some and I thought it turned out really cool looking. Missy worked hard on cd mixes of a lot of our fave songs...unfortunately it was so loud with the talking that we couldn't hear a lot of the music until later in the night when we turned it up much louder. But I still loved what I did hear and think I heard most of the good ones! My parents did sooooooooo much for the party on top of trying to move next week, but I think it all paid off cause the food was great and we had so much fun. It was just a blast!!!!!! Cleaning up today-- not so much of a blast though-- we really should have used more disposable cups and such! Now I know a tad how people feel about weddings-- I was bummed as people were leaving because I felt like I didn't get to talk to them enough and spend time with them. I needed to have done a better job at making the rounds. And I felt like I hardly spent time with Dustin at all and this was to celebrate our engagment! Once only the latenight partiers were left, we went down to dustin's to play rockband...I decided to just be the groupie though and observe cause was too tired by that point! It was so much fun though....let's do it again next weekend! I still need to get the bulk of the pics from mom's camera, so I'll probably do a later posting with those. Oh, and best part of the night is as my dad is giving a speech and says that dustin's parents must be proud of him and Mandi accidentally lets this snicker out loud....it was absolutely hilarious!!!! I'm still laughing about that one days later