12.02.2013

Lachlan - 23 months

I really can't believe my next Lachlan post will be for his 2 YEAR birthday...oh, where does the time go?!?!  I really think every few months I keep changing my mind that this is the best/cutest stage, but I REALLY love this stage he is in now and am so lucky to be home spending some more time with him than usual.


 And then he really waned to put his sticker on Teddy and take more pictures...























He really got into pumpkins- he loved going for stroller rides and walks around the neighborhood looking for pumpkins.  We went to the Dallas Arboretum which had a HUGE pumpkin display- I think it was something like over 30,000 pumpkins!  He enjoyed that and got to bring home 3 little pumpkins.  He would just carry them around outside and move them around the landscaping.  However, as much as he loved pumpkins...he appeared not to be a fan of Halloween.  I had bought the cutest Elmo costume, but he screamed and had a tantrum every time I tried to put it on him....so back to the store it went!  Maybe next year he'll want to dress up and go trick or treating. 

It was fine with me cause he spent Halloween at the hospital with me and spending time with his new sister Makenzie!  He has been an awesome Big Brother and WAAAAY better than I thought he would be.  I really thought he would be trying to pick her up or do dangerous things with/to her.  So far he just really isn't all that overly interested in her.  He has been pretty gentle with touching her...or at least attempts to be gentle.  When he wakes up, he always asks where "bebe" is and wants to see her and he always says "bye bebe" before he goes to bed.  He always refers to her as "bebe." I was a tad worried how he would handle us being at the hospital for 4 days, but he had no issues leaving us there! And he doesn't seem to have any jealousy issues with the baby eating a lot of my time.

Loves pumpkins, can finally say Grandma, refused to wear elmo costume, Big brother!

The boy is becoming a little chatterbox...and I love it!  There are many times I can't understand him, and he is so patient and doesn't get frustrated.  He is string several words together for short phrases - and has been doing this for at least a month or so, but think I keep forgetting to mention it!  One of his first phrases was "I see you!"  He is starting to sing words to songs like Old MacDonald, Wheels on Bus, Elmo's World, etc.  One of his big achievements is he can finally say "Grandma" which he struggled really bad with before and usually wouldn't even attempt to say it.

He can count clearly to 13 and he attempts numbers after that, but all the "teens" sound the same.  He can also identify some of the numbers.  He can identify all letters of alphabet in upper case and most in lower case.  He still is not really getting the hang of colors or shapes yet.  He gets them right sometimes where I think he may know them, but then will go on a streak of getting them all wrong...so who knows.

This boy never really enjoyed being held, sitting on laps, snuggling, etc. but lately he has got much better and will snuggle up by us while watching tv. He has also really taken to his stuffed animals and gray blanket he sleeps with at home.  He is really good about giving out kisses and hugs too.  As always, he is really good about going to sleep for naps and bedtime- I am SO appreciative of his, especially with the new baby to deal with now.  Immediately when he finishes lunch, he puts his hand to his head and says "Nighty Night" and heads upstairs. 

He is going to school only 3 days a week now while I'm on maternity leave.  He seems to really like going there now- one of his teachers (Ms. Jessica) came back that had left and Lachlan really seems to take to her.



Hauling around his "heavy" pumpkins




Last picture of our family of 3 before I headed to the hospital

At the hospital to meet his new sister!

Grandma babysat for the week while we were at the hospital

Bringing baby sister home