12.04.2013

A Day in the Life of Gus- 11/19/13

Every once in a while I'm going to try to capture details of how my day goes.  I wish I would have done this when Lachlan was a baby cause would be interesting to look back at BUT...I don't think I ever would have had the time to do it cause he was such a handful!

This post is a little late, but is from Tuesday 11/19/13- so Makenzie was exactly 3 weeks old.  For the first 2 weeks either Dustin or my mom was here, so this was the first week it was all on my own!

1:05AM:  Makenzie wakes up, but is a little early from when she normally feeds, so I just rock her and she goes back to sleep.

2:15AM: Up again, this time I give her a 3 oz. bottle and she is back to sleep at 2:40.

4:45AM:  Makenzie is up.  I change her diaper and make a 2 oz. bottle but she hardly takes any of the bottle before dozing off.

5:50AM: Lachlan decides he is a rooster and to get up at the crack of dawn. 

The good part of this is that Dustin is still home, so he can get him up and dressed for me.  I'm awake, but just lay in bed relaxing.  Lachlan comes and joins me in bed to watch tv.

6:15AM: Makenzie is up again, so I rock her until she settles back to sleep, but only until 6:30.  I feed her a 2 oz. bottle and then change her diaper cause she has pooped.

7:00AM: I decide to go ahead and shower- Makenzie usually enjoys the relaxing noise of the shower and doesn't mind hanging out in there. 























I have everything ready at 7:30 to take Lachlan to school.  However, I let him play on the iPad for a bit before we head out the door.

7:50AM: We take Lachlan to school.  I put Makenzie's carseat in the stroller to wheel her in so I can minimize lifting.  Lachlan is happy to be at school!

8:15AM: We are back home.  I put her in the swing so I can eat some breakfast and relax!

9:15AM: I feed her a 3 oz. bottle and put her back in the swing.  She is asleep at 9:30.

10:30AM:  I fall asleep watching tv on the couch and sleep until noon!  This sounds good, but now I feel more tired.  I lounge about watching Family Feud...yes, I enjoy game shows...especially during the limited daytime tv options! 

12:30PM:  She wakes up, so I change her poopy diaper again.  And I feed her another 3 oz. bottle and put her in the Boppy Lounger.

1:30PM:  Time for lunch!  I heat up my food and start eating...and of course, Miss Makenzie starts crying.  So I stop eating and hold her until she calms down.

2:00PM:  Finish eating my lunch and she is back in the lounger.  She just drifts in and out of sleep, so I decide to get some chores done.  I cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed (which she LOVED and put her to sleep), made the guest bed, and started working on birth announcements.

4:30PM: Makenzie wakes up after sleeping about 2 hours, so I feed her a 2 oz. bottle and we load into the car to go get Lachs.  Home at 5:40 from picking him up. 

6:00PM: Dustin is home and we eat dinner.  Lachlan is always the first to finish, so we let him go watch Elmo while we finish dinner. 



Once I'm done eating, I give Makenzie another bottle.

A little before 7:00 we go upstairs to play until bath/bed time.



7:15PM:  Dustin gives Lachlan his bath.  Makenzie is fussy, so I am trying to calm her.  Dustin reads Lachlan his bedtime stories.
 


8:00PM:  Lachlan is in bed.  We go to the media room to catch up on an old Homeland episode.  Makenzie is still fussy, but finally falls asleep on Dustin around 8:30 while we are watching it.  We watch a little bit of a David Blaine magic show afterwards until she wakes up.

9:30PM: I head off to bed while Dustin stays up to give Makenzie her last bottle before bed.  I play a little candy crush.  The plan is to try having her sleep in the guest bedroom so that way she is close to our room, but far enough away I won't hear all of her grunting and noises.  I can't fall asleep cause can hear poor Lachlan coughing really badly in his room, so am worried about him.  And Dustin does not seem to be having an easy time with Makenzie...she has pooped 3 times in 15 minutes and he is getting all worked up and frustrated with her.

10:15PM:  I "unplug" and close my eyes knowing I have to be tired and will eventually fall asleep.  And I slept great until 2:15AM when the cycle starts all over again!!