12.13.2012

Lachlan's first haircut

The weekend before his first birthday party, we decided to take Lachlan to get his hair trimmed up.  It had been driving Dustin bonkers for at least the last month that he needed a haircut.  It really was just the sides that I wanted cut so it wouldn't be going over his ears and then the back trimmed a little so no one confused him with having a mullet.

I took him to Elle Salon & Spa here in Eureka which is where I go.  I thought about taking him to a special kids place, but there wasn't one close by and just seemed like a lot of effort...and I've known some people that have been disappointed with using them. 

I thought he was going to have difficulty sitting still, so I had a bottle and books prepared to distract him.  I couldn't believe my eyes and was like we had someone else's well-behaved kid.  He sat still 90% of the time and only cried briefly towards the end. 

I wish I had good before and after pics, but with a squirmy kid and my crappy photography skills, I didn't get that.  Here are a few pics to capture the event:


Just relaxing on my booster seat

Ummmm...why is this cape around me?

This lady has my dream job...she gets to feel hair all day

So far, so good

OMG, this is awful...get me outta here!

Calmed down after he realized how good he was looking