5.16.2012

Mother's Day

I had originally asked for the Saturdaybefore mother's day to do something special-- nothing big, but just wanted to do something fun that day rather than our usual weekend chores.  However, we've been waiting months to get a water softener installed and Saturday was the day the guy could do it.  So Dustin spent most of Saturday helping the guy install this thing while I attempted to entertain Lachlan who was NONSTOP fussing.  We finally called the doctor cause thought he must be teething even though I couldn't feel anything coming through.  So we started giving him tylenol every 4 hours and I bought some teething rings for the fridge-- none seemed to help.  Unfortunately it was just not the weekend I had imagined and how my first mothers day would be...but hey, guess that's what happens sometimes!

So on Sunday I decided we'd make some waffles for breakfast since it is very rare we ever cook anything for breakfast anymore.  So that was really my big mothers day treat, which I made mostly myself and then had to chow down in 2 minutes so then could entertain the little fusser.  Fortunately he seemed to feel better as the day went on.


Here's a pic from later in the day when he was in a perfect mood (always does that when we are around other people so they think we are crazy) :


I love his daycare and they were so sweet to make a little mothers day project. It was funny cause I noticed last Wednesday night that his pinky toenail was green and was so confused...however, now it all makes sense!



So in the end, nothing really went as planned, but at the end of the day couldn't imagine having a more perfect (in his own way) or cute little son!!