5.11.2011

T-shirt Quilt

Ok, I've been a HUGE slacker and need to get back to blogging.  Here is a short post, but something I thought was really cool.  So back in high school I had heard about this idea and thought it would be cool to have my mom make me one.  I had a lot of t-shirts from over the years that were memories of vacations, school sports, etc.  You may not want to really wear these around anymore, but you want to save them...so what better way then to turn them into a blanket!  Well my poor mom has been working on this for like almost 10 years I think now cause she did one for my sister also...but the time was well spent, cause it turned out awesome!  If you look around on the internet, you will find tons of pictures and different ways people have gone about these...luckily I like mine the best!

Here is the entire thing laid out:

Here is a closeup of one of the t-shirt squares:

 Here you can see some of the different materials and stitching done:

And lastly, here is the material that is on the entire back:

Great job mom!