9.29.2010

Alphabet Art- Trial #1

So, one of the things I was going to treat myself too with wedding gift money was buying some framed photography alphabet art. If you've never seen this, I think it is pretty cool-- people find architecture or things in nature or a natural form and photograph it in a way that it looks like a letter of the alphabet. You then can spell out your name- or whatever you like. Click here to see an example of a website selling this. When all is said and done, it's pretty expensive to order online...and the more I got to thinking about it, the more I wanted to do the pictures myself and have them mean something to Dustin and I. Then we'll just pay to get them framed nicely.

So, on our anniversary when we went back to the Botanical Gardens to walk around, we took pictures of things that spelled OBRIEN. Some letters were MUCH easier than others!! For about an hours worth of work, I think we did pretty good...the N is the only thing we were really disappointed in and we had found at least 3 different shapes for N!

But now my dilemna is do I make my print with all items from the botanical gardens and reminds me of our wedding....or do I do from a bunch of different places that have some sort of meaning to us? I kinda like the latter, but dustin likes the first. I'd like to use an Eiffel Tower pic for the I to remind us or our time in Europe and I think the Arch here in St. Louis would make a good N.

So, here's what we have so far from the gardens: