8.23.2010

Comfy Shoes!!

I usually buy my shoes at Target and just get something semi-comfortable and usually never pay more than $30 for most pairs. This trip to Europe got me to thinking that I really should try to invest in some more comfortable pairs of shoes so I don't look like a tourist 24/7 in my sneakers. Well, this quest ended up being as difficult as I thought cause I still didn't want to buy anything over $100 and I didn't want them to look orthopedic or like old lady shoes. With only a couple weeks to spare, I've landed on 2 pairs that I think will be great for days where we have light to moderate walking.

This first one is by Naturalizer and are REALLY comfy- not the most stylish, but about as good as I could find. I like how they have the little velvety strap to hold the shoe on and the sole/arch is all very sturdy, but flexible. I think these will almost double as my tennis shoes over there. Paid about $75 for these....yes, that kills me to say.


These next ones are much cuter and the most comfy, but they do not have good arch support or a thick sole....so I don't think they will be good for any sort of heavy walking. My plan is to wear these out at night and to dinner cause I think they'll be comfy for a fair amount of walking....just not 5-10 miles worth! These retail for $89 online, but got them on clearance at DSW (best store ever!) and had a $20 off coupon, so ended up being about $35.


Now I just gotta start wearing them to work and get them broken in!