7.12.2010

Photography Practice

So on Sunday I met up with some girls I know through a local message board from when I was planning the wedding cause there are a lot of us trying to learn how to use our cameras to take awesome pictures. So we got together at City Garden hoping that some of the more experienced could teach us some things...however, of the people that went we were all fairly close to the same level. But I did pick up a few things!

First, one of the girls shared a project she is working on called the 100 Snapshot Challenge where your object is to photograph 100 pictures that capture the word on the list. The words are such things like love, concrete, dirty, fresh, etc. So I eventually may start trying this...but for now am just focusing on practicing.

Second, I never really used the "Close-up" setting on my camera-- frequently looks like a little flower on your camera. It never seemed to do anything for me, but I learned that I wasn't getting close enough to my objects. I found a bee on a flower and got right up on it with this setting and think it turned out pretty well. Also used it on this daisy.



Third, I learned you can take off your lens and just hold it up to your camera backwards and it makes an extreme macro lens. It's a little tricky to do, but once you get it just right you can get some great detail! I had a bad case of the shakes so definitely did not get it as clear as it should be, but I can't wait to experiment with this more. This is a quarter and I did no zoom or cropping of the original picture.


Here were just some of the better pics I felt I got...nothing very great, but gotta learn somehow! This poor girl got squirted with the water in her eyes :))