7.29.2010

Bathroom Progress

You may be wondering what I'm going to talk about based on the title of this post....but you can keep reading and is safe! My goal is to get our master bath looking better and I've done a few first steps, but still have a ways to go. I posted earlier a new rug that I have down in the kitchen...well that was triggered by the fact that I moved the old black runner that was there to the master bath. I think the black rugs look good in the bathroom cause is in contrast to all the white walls and the light gray floor. I think our vanity area looks pretty good now except I would like to just paint the small space that is between our mirror and ceiling, where the light fixtures are. I think that would just kind of finish this area off.


Next up, we have this crazy-sized unique round shower. I can't stand it cause the shower water sprays everywhere and leaves the floor soaking wet. So a few months ago Dustin got real ambitious and created a shower rod by talking to the Home Depot people-- just got some brackets and bent a pipe....was a lot more work than it seems! So next up was finding a shower curtain to fit this. I was able to at least get a plastic liner that was extra long at Bed Bath and Beyond....but no curtain. So I was at Target and got to thinking... why don't I look in the curtain section because I know they sell drapes in all sorts of sizes and maybe I can get something there that works. I found this curtain that had holes up top- perfect to put my shower curtain rings through....and it was the perfect length! I would have liked a bit more width, but I'm done being picky. So far I think it's worked just fine!


So finally, we have this back area that has the toilet and tub. We hung some shelves above the toilet, so I just need to work a bit more on getting some better items there. And the tub area definitely needs some paint....is driving me crazy how white it all is. So this will be a project for a coming weekend!