4.20.2010

Good movies and TV!

I've never watched the previous seasons of The Biggest Loser (on Tuesdays on NBC). This season I gave it a try and got HOOKED! I can't believe how inspiring the show is and I like so many of the contestants and am impressed at how hard they work each week to lose the weight. The last few weeks I've been going to the gym much more consistently and pushing my workouts much harder. I see some of these 350 pound people doing stuff that I can't even do...one of them ran 3 miles last week! I don't know if all the seasons are this good, but I'll watch again next year too.

We've been on a lucky streak with our movies lately too and seen some good ones. The BEST movie we've seen in a long time is called Brothers- stars Jake Gylenhaal (spelling?) and Tobey Maguire. If you don't know what it's about, I'd recommend NOT reading the synopsis before watching cause felt like it gave away too much. But it is a serious drama movie and is sad, so gotta be in the right mood. We also watched The Informant, starring Matt Damon, which part of it was filmed here in St. Louis. The movie wasn't awesome, but was decent to watch. We also saw Paranormal Activity, which was one of the scariest movies I've seen in a looooooooooooong time. Couple's Retreat was decent, but not hilarious. Now that the weather has turned so nice, I've lowered our Netflix package to only 1 movie at a time....so we won't be watching near as many movies for a while!