10.28.2009

Bowling League

So for something to fill my time after the wedding I decided to try and get some friends together for a bowling league....so that is our current Thursday night activity! It's great cause it's at Flamingo Bowl which is a block from our loft and fun since I've never done it before! We signed up through these flyers at work, but out of all the thousands of AT&T employees, they only had enough for 3 teams so it's us and then some other random teams of people. I found out later there was a punk rock music league on Tuesday nights...so may have to try that one out next time! I missed the first couple weeks while on the honeymoon, so I show up finally and am telling everyone that I am super awful. I ended up bowling a 160 for one of my games!!!!!!!! I had the 2nd highest score of the women in the whole league that night with that game! My other games didn't go quite as well, but not awful. Then the following week it was so comical that I did so HORRIBLE-- got like 71 in one game and 80 in another and then just broke a hundred in the other one. So tomorrow night I gotta redeem myself!!

Just a tip to share with people too, but apparently there is bowling etiquette or protocol. Luckily the team that shares our space is fairly cool about things, but they seem to have some serious bowlers (who aren't even good) but they use towels to dry off the ball each time before they bowl and just quirky things. I started off by bowling at the same time they did-- wasn't aware that you wait until the bowler in the lane next to you finishes before you go. Now I'm just that much wiser though...learning so much!! Best part of the league are the $3 nachos I can pig out on each week!