6.24.2009

Too busy for postings!

I have been super duper busy lately so every time I have a free moment I don't feel like posting. Anyways, this will probably be quick, but here is my updates! Today at lunch we tried the food at our reception site (WOW). Basically you just get to try whatever the chef makes and as luck would have it none of the stuff we got to try was the stuff I was considering for the wedding...so not much help. The thing that was helpful was one of the meats we tried was this 4-cheese stuffed chicken breast that sounded awesome and thought for sure we would end up getting this. However, it failed to mention on the info sheet that it came with 2 cups of white gravy poured all over it! It tasted good, but the display was HORRIBLE-- looked like something from bob evans or cracker barrel-- country cooking! Half my plate was just filled with this gravy and we are wanting to upgrade and get 2 entrees so I'm just wondering what this will look like when you have another entree slopped on here. We also tried these pork medallions that were very good and the sauce was much more controlled. I'm going to talk to our contact person because I really don't know what to choose and maybe usually the chicken doesn't have all that gravy or we can have them leave it off or just do like a tablespoon.

So I then left work a little early to go meet with a florist. Super nice girl who I think had really reasonable prices since she basically just does this out of her home. I'm decided between getting all rose bouquets and bouts or all calla lily ones. I like the callas cause it's just white, simple, and elegant...and no further decisions to be made! I like the roses though because they can add a splash of color-- could either do white or hot pink or some shade of pink. The callas are slightly more expensive, so I just gotta keep looking at pics and decide what I like best. Here were some shots of ones I like:












Lastly tonight then we met with a guy who will hopefully be our wedding officiant. I thought he was very personable and great (and I think dustin did too), so that will be a relief to officially get someone booked for this too!