6.01.2009

Can't wait for dinner!

So it's very rare that I make any good meat dishes for dinner and usually i have to buy pre-cooked stuff because I can't touch/look at raw meat. So I've decided lately that the frozen chicken breasts really aren't too bad and need to start using those more. Lucky me-- they were on sale this week- like $5 for a 3lb bag! So I got 2 bags- most meat I've ever bought in my life. At work potlucks people frequently bring in this italian beef that is really good and recently my cubby neighbor brought it in but used chicken instead of beef. So that's what I'm cooking up- Italian Chicken in the crock pot. It's so easy-- I just dumped in my bag of chick breasts and a jar or pepperocinis. Then you mix 1 cup of chicken broth/stock with 2 packages of Good Season's Italian dressing (I used the zesty italian since dustin likes spicier things) and pour that over the chicken and peppers. I started it last night and kept waking up during the night cause smelled so good! Then this morning I came to check on it and was wondering how i was going to shred the chicken....well lucky me again, I just used some tongs to pull the chicken out of the pot and it just fell apart and shredded itself! So this definitely is worlds easiest recipe and now we'll have awesome sammies to eat this whole week!