9.14.2008

Shampoo-Banana

We returned tonight from our weekend at U of I where we attended the Alumni basketball game at Assembly Hall. Basically was the final four team sans Augustine vs. previous illini "legends." It was pretty cool cause a lot of old players were there along with people from when we were in school- lucas johnson, sergio, marcus griffin, frank williams, cory bradford, etc. After hiking around all day from the hampton inn on the NORTH side of campus to the game on the SOUTH side, stopping at some bars along the way, we make it to the hall. Seemed warm when we went in, but kept thinking I must be hot from all the walking. After about 5 minutes, I'm hotter inside the building than i was while walking. We realize they DO NOT HAVE ON THE A/C. This immediately brings flashbacks to my excruciating megabus trip to chicago where the a/c was broken. No announcement or apology over the loud speakers. We just sweated and watched some basketball....not even really enjoying it because all i can think about is if the sweat is starting to wet through my clothes. I think they will be getting complaint letters from both Tracy and I. We bought ice cream to try and cool off....it just start melting at a crazy rate and dripping out the bottom of the cone. Next thing I know, the guy in front of my had his white illini jersey draped over the back of his seat and it is covered with like 5 chocolate ice cream drip marks! Oopsie-- that was really dustin's fault so he was banned from holding the cone.