9.23.2013

Lachlan - 21 months!

Unfortunately, blogging has become a pain in the butt with our laptop which uses Windows 8...still not sure how the rest of the world is managing to get by using it cause it just plain old SUCKS to the point that I can't do the simplest of things anymore.  I'm not sure if I need to switch to a different blog site that is better compatible or what to do to fix it, but all of these posts take me 10 times longer to do than they should.  Throughout the month, I will just save notes to a draft blog post so that way I don't forget things...then at the end of the month I clean up the wording and add pictures and post it for all to see.  This month I'm just giving up messing with it...for the last 30 minutes I've attempted to modify the text below and it just simply won't let me....my curser just disappears!  So instead you just get my notes in draft form...some which may not even make sense, but oh well!  At least I managed to get some pictures added!

Well, he survived his first full month as a Texan!  I really can't believe how quickly he is approaching 2 years old and wish I could just freeze him at this age a bit longer.



Struggled with daycare dropoffs, but seems to have fun most days.  Has a twin Boom.  Love having camera to check on things and see what he is up to.  Eats like a king there- can't believe the nice food he gets served!

Mornings stress me out a bit and I have it so easy that we have no set schedule since I work from home and really don't need to shower or get ready too much.  He doesn't like most of his new shoes and still wants to wear his old ones that are too small or falling apart, so that is a battle.  Then I have to apply sunscreen and he hates that.  So then we finally get out the door and then is another battle to get him into the car and into his carseat.  It just eats up so much extra time and is frustrating.

Loves to count and picking up on it.  Stacked blocks and clearly counted from 5 to 10.  Loves the ABCs even more.  He will stop dead in his tracks of what he is doing if he hears the ABCs.  He attempts to sing along and definitely knows pieces of it.  He LOVES Elmo still and will sing along to Elmo's World.  He just still loves all music and the action songs.  He really likes ring around the rosie and the mulberry bush, but we try to minimize that since it involves us up and moving around too!

Huge improvement with using silverware.  At daycare he doesn't really have anyone helping him so is forced to figure it out if he wants to eat.  I make sure to use a bib at home cause it slides off the food sometimes, but he gets most in his mouth.  Figured out how to hold the bowl or container with his other hand to help spoon it out.

Has started waking during the nights crying. This is pretty unusual so thought maybe he wasn't feeling well or was just scared being in a new place.  However, it keeps happening about twice/week.  The problem is that even once we go up there, he is wide awake FOREVER and then goes nuts when try to put him back in his crib.  We've laid on the floor up there with him and also next to his crib and he is okay with that...but not ideal way to get sleep when 7 months pregnant or a husband working long hours.  We've tried the PNP in our bedroom, but he wanted none of that.  We've tried bringing him to our bed and he is happy there and not crying, but the problem is that he does not sleep.  We'll give him 1-2 hours and he is still awake, so he just can't lay down and relax with us.

Loves looking for airplanes and birds in the sky. Also loves listening for cars, trucks, and motorcycles...and he can look out his bedroom window to see them.

It's amazing all the stuff he knows and picks up on that we don't even point out or teach him.  I swear every day he amazes me with something he says or knows.  Like he knew that I'm Amy and daddy is Dustin.  He can work a few puzzles he has where the hole does not show the picture of the piece, so he has to figure it out based on the shape and surroundings.

I mad him a lego table and he spends SO much time here building towers and choos-choos.  Most of our blocks have the alphabet on them, so he makes sure to get all the letters facing the correct way.  He gets a little frustrated sometimes when he can't get one on easily or the tower collapses, but he is getting better at working through it.

He is understanding more and more in his books.  He will sometimes read to himself and is my favorite thing to listen to him do.  He is so good at imitating my tone and actions.  I'll be able to pick up on key words throughout the gibberish.  He also loves acting out his books-- he will insist on standing up for Let's Dance Little Pookie so he can do the actions.  For goodnight moon, he has started to point to the objects on the pages as I say them.

Loves walking backwards, doing happy feet, jumping, and flips!

Taken to a monkey at school

Calls pacifier a nurse, started calling us Mommy and Daddy....love it!

Stopped throwing food and even brings his dishes over to the sink

Every time after he sneezes he says Bless You.  Will not say it if someone else sneezes.