1.17.2013

My latest faves!

So our computer has totally crashed.  We are in the process of hopefully being able to recover pics and videos off the hard drive...and if not, this will probably be my last post ever cause I will just die without them!  So most of my good posts I have in the works will have to wait until I can get the pictures to accompany them.

By the way, we did get a new laptop this last weekend (which is why I can resume with some boring posts in the meantime), but it has Windows 8 which I'm having a really hard time getting used to.  Anyone else having troubles switching?  It is not very intuitive.  Seriously think I'm going to have to watch probably some 6 year old on YouTube do a training video.

Anyways, here are some of my favorite things lately, so thought I'd pass along:

Shout Color Catchers:  Throw in any laundry combination and these things are amazing-- they suck up all the dye from your dark/colored clothes.  I wish I would have used these a long time ago cause I never really sort my clothes like I should.
 
Kleenex Cool Touch:  I have had a killer cold this week and these things are a lifesaver!  They are so much better than any of the tissues with lotion.  These things are NOT greasy like the lotion ones, but I can blow my nose 50 times/day and it doesn't get sore.  They are really soft and feel cool...just like the name!
 
Television Shows:  We have just finished getting caught up on the current seasons of Breaking Bad, Homeland, and Dexter....all outstanding!
 
Apps: SongPop is my favorite; Wheels on the Bus is my favorite for Lachlan
 
Wool Cover:  I HIGHLY recommend the Etsy shop My Eco Baby.  Look at all of her CUTE designs that she makes from old sweaters!  I did a custom order of a black/gray soaker with an owl applique.  Besides being cute, these things have been a lifesaver.  We were getting night diaper leaks nearly every night, so I bought one of these for him to wear over his diaper.  Wool can absorb like 40% of its weight and I soak it about once per week in a lanolin solution so it repels the moisture away from his skin.  It has worked like a champ!  I'm thinking of buying another one.  I don't have a picture right now of mine, but here is a cute one:
 
McDonald's Grilled Onion and Cheddar Burger:  This is a score cause it is on the dollar menu...holler!  It tastes pretty much just as you imagine-- the flavor of McDonald's, but the grilled onions had a great grilled flavor.  My only complaint was that it comes dry...I got a side of their Hot Mustard to dip it in.